Snapchat is a social media that is very popular among youth. It is a platform to share videos and pictures that anyone who follows you could view. One thing to notice about Snapchat is that the stories and chats disappear after 24 hours. Click to find out the longest Snapchat streak.
What will you do if you wanted to see the chat after the 24 hours have passed? They automatically get deleted after 24 hours, which means that precious memories could be lost forever. But, there is nothing to worry about as there is a trick through which, Snapchat message recovery could work. In addition, you may want to find out how to see other people's SnapChat history.
Viewing old Snapchats through Snapchat message recovery
Although Snapchat automatically deletes a person's story after 24 hours, there is a way you could save it using a simple method. If you want to use this method then just follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to Snapchat and then open the chat that you would like to save.
2. If you long press a message, then it will get saved.
3. When a message gets saved, it gets highlighted in grey color. The other person will also be able to see that you have saved their message until one of you unsaved the messages.
Retrieving Deleted Messages through Snapchat Message Recovery
If you are an Android user who uses Snapchat, you could recover the messages through this method. When a message disappears or is deleted, then it remains in the system of the phone. It is still there in the storage memory but, it is renamed, which is why you can't find it. The deleted Snapchat messages are renamed with .nomedia extension. This basically means that all the apps are supposed to ignore it. In order to get the files back, all that you have to do is to find the said files and rename them.
Here is how you could do that.
- You could download a file manager on the device.
- All you have to do is to open it and go to the com.snapchat folder.
- Now you could simply search for the .nomedia files that are in the folder. Once you find them, rename it by removing the .nomedia extension from the name. This will enable the data so that you could see it again.
Data Recovery Tool / Snapchat Recovery Message for Snapchat
As of now, there is, unfortunately, no such tool that would help you with Snapchat message recovery. There are some programs out there that claim that they will be able to retrieve deleted messages from Android devices as well as iPhones. But, downloading and testing them showed that they failed in doing so.
So, if there is any conversation on Snapchat that is important to you and that you do not want to lose, then you should save it as it is the only way to stop it from disappearing.
Part 1 – How Snapchat message recovery is possible on Android and iPhones
Snapchat is one of the most used apps out there. Not only can you share pictures and videos but, you could also chat with people. But, the software's feature is such that it deletes the stories that you posted as well as the chat after 24 hours. The only way that you could save the chat is if you long pressed it till the chats were highlighted in grey.
Although the software does not allow you to see messages, videos, or pictures, there is a way in which you could save the messages through Snapchat message recovery for both Android and iPhones. Follow the steps below to know how.
1. Open Snapchat on the phone whether it is Android or an iPhone, it doesn't matter.
2. Swipe right to go to the chats section.
3. Now you will have to tap on the upper life corner and search the name of a person that you want to talk with.
4. Type a message and press send. These steps will assist you in Snapchat message recovery.
5. Now that you have sent the message, simply press on the chat until it gets highlighted in grey. This would ensure that the message is safe now and it will be right there whenever you return.
6. If by mistake, you have pressed on a message that you don't really want to save then you simply have to click on it again in order to unsave it.
Part 2 – Snapchat message recovery for iPhones
If you want to retrieve deleted chats from Snapchat but, you do not know how to do that then we will introduce you to the perfect and efficient way using which you could conveniently recover messages. You could do this by using the software Snapchat message recovery – FoneLab – iPhone Data Recovery which can also recover & restore lost contacts from iPhone. This software is fully compatible with iPhones, and you should have no problem in recovering any of the data. Just follow the steps below to know how.
1. Download the program and then launch it.
2. Now, connect the device to the PC or Mac using a USB cable. Doing this will automatically enter you into Recovery mode.
3. Press Start Scan to initiate the process.
4. Once the scanning has been completed successfully, all the data that is in the device will show.
5. Search for messages in that section. The message section will also include the chats from Snapchat.
6. You simply have to click on the particular messages that you want to retrieve. Doing so will help you in the process of Snapchat message recovery.
7. Once you have chosen all the messages that you want to retrieve, all you have to do is click on recover and choose the location where you want it to be saved on the computer.
It also helps when you forgot restrictions passcode on iPhone.
Part 3 – Snapchat message recovery on Android devices
In this part, we will cover how you could retrieve the deleted Snapchat messages on an Android device. To help you with this, you could download the Android Snapchat recovery – FoneLab – Android Data Recovery. This software or program is the solution if you want to restore deleted messages from Snapchat. This is pretty powerful software that will definitely get the job done for you. In order for you to make full use of this app, you will have to download it first.
1. The first thing you want to do is to connect the PC or the Mac to the Android device using a USB cable. The software will recognize your Android device instantly.
2. Now, you will be asked to give permission for the USB debugging to start. Select messages from the section that says Contacts and Messages.
3. The phone should automatically start to get rooted now. If it does not do that, then you could do it manually as well.
4. Once the scan is complete, you will be able to see all the files that are on the device. Now, all you have to do is choose the messages that you want to save and then press recover.
This is how you could successfully recover important messages that were deleted from Snapchat after 24 hours. With FoneLab, you can also recover Snapchat photos on iPhone & Android. In addition, click it to get more info about how to recover deleted photos from iCloud.