Is your child using sexting apps? If so, what are the dangers she might be facing? More importantly, what can you do to protect her from such a free sexting app? Let's find it out.
It is absolutely true that you have a plethora of things to attend to as a modern-day parent. However, just because you are super-busy, you shouldn't miss the focus on your kids. These days, kids have plenty of ways to get misled. As a parent, it is your responsibility to keep track of your kid's activities regardless of your busyness. Almost all the students today use smartphones, and those devices actually have pros and cons. These devices can have tons of apps that are used for various different purposes. So, knowing what your kids are doing with these apps is very important for you as a responsible parent. With that said, sexting apps have become a popular option among young smartphone users. A free sexting app can misuse your kid's curiosity and eventually put her in utter danger.
What are sexting apps?
The term sext depicts the meaning of sending and receiving text messages that are sexually explicit. These messages can contain text, videos, and images. They are sent through digital devices such as smartphones, tablets, or even computers. Sexts might contain images and videos that expose one's nudity or any other content that evoke one's sexual desires. They also may contain various text messages that request other parties to join in for sexual acts.
Well, sexting apps are the software tools that facilitate users to communicate using aforesaid ‘sext‘ messages. Interestingly, these sexting apps are downloadable easily by anyone who has a smartphone or a computer. So, if your child has a smartphone, he or she can easily download a free texting app and use it.
What sort of danger can a free sexting app cause?
The danger associated with a free sexting app is that the user can be sexually abused by someone. As you know, youngsters are exceptionally curious, particularly when it comes to the matter of sex-related acts. If your kid is using sexting apps, she or he can be misused by someone because of this curiosity. Although many individuals use sexting as a joke, youngsters can take it to a different level, which is dangerous. Eventually, their privacy can be violated, and there are many incidents of unpleasant situations related to these sexting apps. So, as a responsible parent, you should know what these sexting apps are before everything else. Such knowledge will make it easier for you to prevent them from potential dangers. You should also know that kids can use some of the ordinary messaging and social media apps for texting.
List of popular sexting apps among teens
Now, let's take a look at the most popular sexting apps used by teens these days.
01 Free Sexting App – WhatsApp, Line, and Kik
It is true that all these apps are primarily used for regular communication purposes. For instance, they can be used to send text messages, make video calls, and voice calls. However, teens can use these apps for sexting as well, especially because of the versatility associated with those apps. WhatsApp, Line, and Kik are particularly popular among the users because of the convenience they deliver. All those apps are free, and they have various features to impress the users. Many teens presently use these apps as sexting apps to send and receive various explicit messages.
02 Free Sexting App – Sex Texts (or Dirty Talking Lite) app
In fact, these are not just text apps, but they are online resources for the purpose of sexting. Both Dirty Talking Lite and Sex Texts come with the same intention. Teenagers can use these apps to send dirty text messages to other parties and expect sexts in return. The interesting thing about these apps is that they demand some sort of parental control as well.
03 Free Sexting App – iDelete (or Snapchat)
With both of these apps, teenagers are sending and receiving messages of various kinds. The most significant thing about these apps is that the messages you sent get destroyed automatically after some time. Well, the self-destroying messages might sound pretty safe at a glance. However, such an approach encourages individuals to send some extreme content that wouldn't have sent. Although the messages get destroyed automatically, the receiver can still find a way to save the images and screenshots.
04 Free Sexting App – Tinder (or Cupid)
Tinder can be considered as an all-time favorite dating app that has awe-inspiring features. It is true that this app is designed only for those who are 18 and above. Nevertheless, kids can easily pretend to be over 18 and get the membership of this app. In this case, things can be hazardous because they are exposed to content which is not for kids. The sad truth is that there are plenty of users in Tinder who are disguising themselves. This dating app actually suggests possible matches based on the location and various other preferences. The possible matches can be accepted or rejected simply by swapping the picture on the screen. If you like the match, you can start messaging each other. However, curious teenagers can end up sending very sensitive content for which they will regret later on.
05 Free Sexting App – Omegle
This is another special app that makes teenagers communicate with strangers and share messages. As a teenager, your kid has to enter their personal details and their own interests. Then, they will be matched with someone else who has the same interests. However, most of the chat rooms in this platform are themed for adults who like explicit content. So, teenagers can easily be misguided and driven into unpleasant situations. Apart from texting, this app allows video and voice calls, as well.
Some facts about sexting and teens
Now that you know better about sexting apps. Let's get to know some interesting (and alarming) facts about sexting.
- Over 11% of teenagers say that they have sent various types of pictures to strangers.
- More than 80% of the youngsters who send sexts are well below 18 years.
- Over 57% of teenagers admit that they send their pictures because they were forced to do so.
- More than 12% of teenage girls have experienced a considerable amount of pressure after involving in a sext.
- Nearly 40% of all the girls and boys (teenagers) have sent messages and emails mistakenly to someone else.
Things parents can do to prevent teenagers from sexting
If you catch your teenage daughter or son while sexting, don't panic and make a big noise. If you don't handle the situation correctly, you will hardly be able to know more about the situation. Your daughter or son will become non-responsive to the questions you ask. So, just calm down and discuss the issue and explain to them the dangers associated with sexting in a friendly manner.
- Be sure to talk with your teenage daughter or son and learn what they think about sexting. Just build a very comfortable conversation about the situation and ensure that it makes things easier for them. When they talk with their open hearts, you can realize their perception and then educate them.
- Explain the importance of the trust factor as well. Tell them that the trust factor doesn't build just because you send the picture to a stranger. Also, tell them that it is very dangerous to send a picture to a total stranger. So, emphasize the fact that you shouldn't share any of your information with any random person you meet.
- Guide them with creating their own boundaries when involving in a process like sexting. You can just tell them an example of the danger of sending pictures to some strange person. Tell her about the unpleasant incidents that can take place after you send a picture to a stranger. Tell that they will misuse your photo and create various unpleasant situations out of it.
- Make sure that you keep short but frequent conversations with your child and be friendly with them. Particularly the teenagers prefer short conversations, and they hardly focus on lengthy discussions with adults. So, break your conversation into different parts and carry out the conversation.
Things you can do to assure the safety of the teenagers when they are online
Just because you advise and educate your kids, you cannot expect them to obey you 100%. Often times, kids tend to make it a habit to try new sexting apps whenever they see such. Whenever they see a free sexting app, they are tempted to try it and contact strangers. Under such circumstances, they will hardly focus on the security factor. So, in that case, you will have to keep monitoring them closely. But, again, kids hardly want their parents to see their smartphones. In this case, you will have to use a parental control app.
If you are looking for a reliable parental control app, KidsGuard Pro is the most reliable option. This app is packed with plenty of features to track someone's phone-related activities remotely. This tool has enough power to track WhatsApp, Line, Kik, Viber, or any other social media and messaging app.
In addition to that, this tool comprises the feature to track the location of the target device in real-time. Also, it can check the photos and videos that are shared through the device. Contacts, SMS, internet browsing history, and other app-related activities can be easily tracked using KidsGuard Pro.
Features of KidsGuard Pro
- Can track incoming and outgoing SMS and calls.
- Track the location of the device in real-time.
- Can monitor the app-related activities.
- I can access all the files remotely on the kid's phone.
- Powerful keylogger feature.
So, that's our article about sexting apps. If you know more free texting app tools, please let us know.