In certain cases, QuickTime doesn't work smoothly on versions like High Sierra, Mojave, and Sierra. As a result, Mac users on those platforms cannot play MOV videos with QuickTime. This is exactly when some individuals start searching for a different .mov player instead of default QuickTime. Well, there are many individuals who still wonder which player they should use to play MOV files. In addition to that, when it comes to Windows platforms, playing MOV files is regularly difficult. Well, if you are troubled by any of those issues, this is a must-read article for you.
Many individuals have got used to a preferred media player regardless of the platform they use. They use the same player for a long time, and they are familiar with the controls. So, they hardly want to switch to a different player just because they want to play MOV files. Do you fall into that category? If so, we suggest you convert MOV into a format that is supported by your favorite player. Then, you can play the same video file without experiencing any lags, errors, or crashes. Doesn't that sound great?
The next question that arises after deciding to convert MOV is finding a good converter. But, in this case, you don't have to wonder because we introduce you Wondershare UniConverter. As a matter of fact, Wondershare UniConverter was previously known as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Once these files are converted to a format like MP4, you can expect greater compatibility. These files can be played on any device. Moreover, you can convert these files depending on the device you wish to use. So, using a converter like Wondershare UniConverter is really handy.
Wondershare UniConverter is compatible with plenty of useful tools. Also, it has exceptionally useful features as well. For instance, it is compatible with more than 1000 video formats ranging from MP4 to MKV to AVI. It has a built-in player as well so you can use it as an MOV player as well.
- This is an all-in-one player that is compatible with Windows and Mac.
- It can play the role of .mov player as well apart from converting MOV files.
- Convert MOV files to be compatible with devices such as iPhones, Android devices, iPads, etc.
- You can use it to trim, crop, add watermarks, rotate and add various effects to MOV files.
- The conversion speed of this software is 30 times faster than regular players.
- You can compress MOV videos without causing any quality loss.
- It can be used to burn videos into DVDs with free menu templates.
- You can use it to record videos from YouTube and other video sharing platforms (more than 10000).
- Highly useful toolbox with plenty of tools. It has a GIF maker, cast video to TV, screen recorder and various options.
In simplest terms, UniConverter is a versatile MP4 to VOB Converter tool. It can help to fix the potential errors in MOV videos and make it compatible with other players. As a result of such conversion, you don't need to change your favorite media player. With Wondershare UniConverter, you will be able to experience useful ways to play MOV files.
Method 01: Convert MOV to a format which is compatible with your favorite video player
It is a general acceptance that MP4 files come with greater compatibility over other formats. That means MP4 files can be played in pretty much all the devices and with all the media players. So, we recommend converting MOV files into MP4 so they will be compatible with your player. However, if you are so sure that your player recognizes any other format, you can choose it. But, for now, we will cover how to convert a MOV into MP4.
- 01. First of all, launch Wondershare UniConverter on your computer. Then, you should click on the ‘Add Files‘ button. This option is located at the top-left of the window. You can add multiple files if you need.
- 02. Now, click on the inverted triangle which is located next to the ‘Convert all files to‘ option. This will open up the list of output formats. Then, you should go to ‘Video‘ option and select MP4. Then, define the amount of resolution required. If you need, you may choose a different file format instead of MP4 depending on your player's compatibility.
- 03. You should click on the option called ‘Convert All‘ so you can start converting the MOV file. You will then be able to get the converted files under ‘Converted‘ tab.
Method 02. Use UniConverter as .mov player
As we mentioned earlier in this article, UniConverter is a versatile tool. So, it is possible for you to use the same tool as a MOV player instead of converting. In fact, UniConverter is totally compatible with MOV format so that no issues will occur. In addition to that, the same tool lets you edit and personalize the MOV based on your requirement. Well, let's see how to use UniConverter as a MOV player.
- 01. Launch Wondershare UniConverter as the first step of this process. In this case, we will be using it as the .mov player. Once the player is loaded, you should drag and drop the MOV file into the interface. If not, you can click on ‘Add Files‘ as well.
- 02. You should then see the MOV video is displayed in the thumbnail view. You can hover the mouse pointer over the video to see the ‘Play‘ button.
- 03. Now, click on the appeared ‘Play‘ icon, and you will be able to view the MOV video.
Part 2: Use QuickTime Player as MOV player
QuickTime player is considered to be a very popular option to play MOV files. With this tool, you will be able to play MOV files without much hassle. Apart from playing MOV files, QuickTime player is capable of playing other media files as well. This player is presented by Apple. In fact, when it comes to Mac computers, users prefer using QuickTime Player to play MOV. However, when it comes to Windows, users cannot play MOV if they use an older version than Windows 7. In general, Windows users use Windows Media Player as the default player. But it has some compatibility issues with .MOV player. However, this issue can be fixed by installing the QuickTime player on Windows.
Let's see how to use QuickTime player on Windows to view MOV files on your computer.
- First of all, go to QuickTime Player's official website. Then, free download the software and get it installed.
- Now, you should open the QuickTime player and click on the ‘File‘ button. Then, choose the option called ‘Open File.' Browse for the target MOV file which is located on the computer.
- Now, you should see that the MOV file is played smoothly.
If QuickTime Player doesn't play the MOV files on the Mac, that might be due to the Mac version. If you are using Mojave, Sierra, High Sierra, or older version, QuickTime Player will not be that compatible. In that case, the best option is to run UniConverter as your .mov player.
Part 3: Use VLC Media Player
VLC is considered to be one of the most popular media players in the industry. Also, it is well-known for its versatile compatibility. This player works perfectly with Mac, Windows, and Linux. Basically, it supports all the standard video file formats, including MOV. In addition to that, it allows you to play with the subtitles and other essential settings.
How to view MOV files using VLC Media Player
Mentioned below are the steps to view MOV files through VLC Media Player on your computer.
- Download VLC Player and get it installed. Then, launch the software.
- Click on the option ‘Media‘ and see the appearing dropdown. Choose the option called ‘Open File.' Now, browse to the MOV file.
- That's it!
Conclusion on MOV Player
The best option to view MOV files on your computer is UniConverter. Be it a Mac or Windows computer; this software works fine with greater compatibility. Apart from just converting a file, it offers you plenty of features related to videos. It can edit, convert, and compress MOV files depending on your requirement. You may consider Wondershare UniConverter as a highly versatile .mov player.