As you may already know, LINE is becoming a very popular mode of communication among the modern-generation. LINE is a user-friendly app that is used to send text messages, images, multimedia and many more. This app is launched in 2011 as freeware. Over the past period, this app started to gain immense popularity. As of today, it has more than 220 million monthly active users, and that explains its popularity. Although it was initially designed to be compatible with iOS and Android platforms, now it works on any OS. If you are a LINE user, you will share a lot of messages, videos, and images with other users.
If you have used LINE for some time, you might be having some important data in your account. For instance, you may have important texts, photos of sentimental value, videos of sweet memories in your LINE account. If you need to preserve this important data, you should backup it. This is exactly when you will need to learn an effective way to create a LINE backup. So, let's take a look at the most simplified and effective options to backup LINE data.
1. Backup LINE data using dr.fone – Restore Social App (on iOS devices)
dr.fone – Restore Social App is an innovative solution to backup LINE data and reacquire them when necessary. This special software comes with a very convenient user-interface to make things easier for you.
Features of dr.fone – Restore Social App
Let's take a quick look at the notable features associated with dr.fone – Restore Social App.
- It lets you create a LINE backup, create a WeChat backup, backup and restore for kik & backup and restore Kik Chat History with a single click operation
- dr.fone – Restore Social App can preview your LINE backup before restoring it
- It can print the available data directly from your backup
- It can easily backup data like messages, videos, attachments, etc.
- This app supports all the devices ranging from iPhone XS to iPhone 5
- It is compatible with all the iOS versions as well
- dr.fone – Restore Social App is developed to match Windows and Mac operating systems
- It is recommended by prestigious corporate clients like Deloitte and Forbes
How to create a LINE backup using dr.fone – Restore Social App
In this section, let's learn how to backup LINE data using dr.fone – Restore Social App.
01. Before everything else, you should download dr.fone – Restore Social and get it installed on a computer. Then, you should launch the software to see the main screen.
02. You should now select the option called “LINE” under “Restore Social App“. Then, you should get your device connected to the same computer. Be sure that you use the original USB cable to avoid potential interruptions of data transferring. The software will automatically recognize your device at this stage.
03. Once the device is connected to the computer, you should click on the option “Backup“. The software will automatically begin the backup process.
04. You should now wait for a couple of minutes for the program to backup LINE data. Once the process is completed, you can click on the option called “View It“. This message says that the backup of your phone is created successfully. Whenever it is necessary, you can restore this LINE backup. Next section of this article will explain how to restore the backup you have just created.
Restoring the LINE backup
Here's how to restore the LINE backup you have just created.
01.Launch dr.fone – Restore Social App to see the home screen of the program.
02. Now, you should click on the option labeled “Restore” under “Restore Social App“.
03. You can now reacquire the LINE backup you need. After seeing the available list of backup files, you should click on “View” button to preview the file you need.
04. At the completion of the scan, you can preview the chats in your backup. To get the backup on your device once again, you should click on “Restore to Device” option.
2.Backup LINE and restore it using dr.fone – Backup and Restore on an Android device
The previous methods we mentioned are for iOS devices. Now, let's see how to create a LINE backup on an Android device and restore it.
LINE is popular among Android users as well. If you use an Android device and want to create a LINE backup, this section is just for you.
To get this task done successfully, you should get the assistance of dr.fone – Backup&Restore (Android). In fact, dr.fone – Backup & Restore is a very powerful software that comes with impressive features.
Features of dr.fone – Backup&Restore (Android)
- This special software creates backups of Android data utilizing a single click operation
- It can preview data before restoring to another device
- dr.fone – Backup & Restore tool supports more than 8000 Android devices
- This software doesn't cause any data loss during the process of backing up, exporting or restoring
- It works perfectly with Windows operating system
Here's the process of creating a LINE backup using dr.fone – Backup & Restore
1. First, download dr.fone – Backup & Restore and get it installed on your computer.
2. Then, open the application and connect the device to the same computer using a USB cable. Then, select the option “Backup & Restore“.
3. Wait until dr.fone detects the device correctly. Now, the application will start to display a list of files you can back up. Once the backup is listed, you can click on “Backup“. Remember that the chats will be backed up with the attachments.
4. Now, you should wait for a couple of minutes for the backup to be created.
5. To see the contents of the backup files, you should click on the option labeled “View the Backup“. This option will let you see all the information including chats, images, videos, etc.
How to restore LINE backup you have created
Now, let's see how to restore the LINE backup you have just created.
01. Click on the option labeled “Restore” and navigate to the backup files located in your computer.
02. Now, you can select the files you need to restore depending on your requirement. You should then select the option “Restore to Device“.
03. Now, dr.fone will need your authorization to proceed with the backup restoration process. You should press “OK” to proceed.
04. You will now have to wait for a couple of minutes until the data gets restored. At the completion of this process, you should see a notification. It will also display the files that are restored. Once the process is completed, you can simply see all the attachments and messages.
3.How to backup LINE data (individual files) using a manual method
This is another effective method to create your backups and restoring them. In this
01. You should open the chat you need to back up as the first step.
02. You can now see a small down arrow (with a “V” shape) on top of the screen. Click on this button.
03. Then, go to Chat Settings
04. You will find an option called “Backup Chat History”. Simply click on that and tap on the option “Backup All”.
05. Repeat the above process to backup other different chat files depending on your requirement. You can save these files and restore them whenever it is necessary.
In order to restore the LINE backup, you should do the following.
01. Open the chat you need to restore on the device.
02. Tap on the drop-down menu that comes with a “V” shape and go to chat settings.
03. Tap once in the option called “Import Chat History”.
Creating a LINE backup and restoring it can be done using this method any time. You should follow the steps above to get it done without any mistake.
As you can understand, dr.fone offers the complete solution to create backups of LINE and restore them easily. More importantly, this respective app doesn't cause any loss of data during the backup and restoration process. So, if you are looking for a professional solution to create a LINE backup, you may use dr.fone. It is reliable, efficient, fast and highly affordable.