Best Solutions for iPhone Red Screen of Death Problem
iPhone is one of the most used mobile devices all around the world. With each passing year, the numbers of users multiply. There are a lot of reasons why someone might be using an iPhone over other devices. Some use it for the reliability as it does not lag, while others use it because it is safer than a lot of the other devices, physically as well as software-wise. Some people face the iPhone red screen of death issue.
Most of the iPhones that are sold are problem free and do not require any maintenance for the first year at least. But, there are some cases where the iPhone red screen of death appeared. You can find these kinds of problems being talked about on the social websites as well as on the forums. In this article, we will help you in tackling this problem by going through the solutions.
What are the causes of iPhone red screen of death?
Before we jump into all the possible solutions, here are some of the reasons the problem may be occurring.
- The update might have failed to restore.
- A faulty battery could also be one of the reasons for this issue.
- Malware attack or virus can also be a factor that caused the iPhone red screen of death.
- It also happens that some of the files in the mobile might be corrupted due to one reason or the other.
- The SIM in the mobile phone may have been put in incorrectly. This might also be one of the reasons for this issue to occur.
How to fix the iPhone red screen of death issue
The issue is very annoying, and it stops you from being able to use the mobile to its full potential. If you are facing this issue, then you must be looking for a solution to this problem on an urgent basis. This is why we have come up with a couple of solutions that should help out with the issue.
Once you are sure that the issue you are facing is the iPhone red screen of death, you could try to force restart the phone. It is one of the simplest solutions there is to this problem, and it has been successful in solving the problem a lot of the times. Here is how you could restart the device for different models.
iPhone 6 or the models before that – You could press down the Sleep or Wake button along with the Home button. After holding it down, you have to wait for the logo of the Apple Company to appear on the screen. When you see the logo appear, then you can release the buttons.
iPhone 7 or the iPhone 7 plus model – You will have to press down the Sleep or Wake button. Wait for the logo to appear on the screen. After it appears you can release it.
iPhone 8 or the iPhone 8 plus or the iPhone X – You will have to press the Volume up button first and then release it immediately. Follow the same steps with the Volume down button. After you are done, press the Sleep or Wake button until you can see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Release the buttons when you see the logo.
This is for the users who were not able to sort out the issue by restarting the device. The iPhone red screen of death issue has also been caused due to software issues of the device. The failure or error of the software issue will require professional attention. One of the tools that you may want to use is iMyFone iOS system recovery tool. This app will help you with all iOS relates issues with its three different modes, all of which are powerful.
One of the most important issues to note here is that this app will not affect any of the data. It means that you would be able to fix the phone without having to suffer the loss of any data.
- It will help you to fix a lot of other issues as well that are related to iOS, like iPhone camera not working, iPhone emails disappeared, ‘iOS 11 notifications not working‘, Apple music crashing. Some of the issues may be a blue screen, white screen, black screen with the spinning circle/wheel, in the middle of it, or the one where the Apple logo with the bar beneath it shows.
- It assists you on Windows and Mac as well.
- This software is very easy to use and can be used by beginners as well.
- Supports iOS models and versions of it.
Fixing the iPhone red screen of death issue with iMyFone iOS System Recovery
The first thing that you will have to do is to install the application on the computer. After you have installed it, you can start the process of fixing the issue. Once it is successfully launched, you can proceed to connect the iPhone to the PC by connecting the two through a USB cable.
Choose the Standard mode from all the three options that you see on the screen. After you do so, you will be told to put the mobile on DFU mode. To do this, you will press Start, which will display the instructions for you on the screen. Just follow the instructions in order to proceed.
The program will only be able to recognize the device once it has been put on the DFU mode. After that, you will have to download firmware onto the device, which has the iPhone red screen of death issue. All you have to do is to click the Download button. The program will automatically generate suitable firmware.
After the download is successfully over, you will need to fix the issue of the iPhone red screen of death that your iPhone is facing. To do this, you will have to press Start to Fix and then wait for a few minutes. This will fix the issue. After that, the device will restart by itself and the issue that was troubling you should no longer be there.
dr.fone – Repair is possibly the easiest and the most reliable option of all the above. It can solve many problems that are related to iOS in a matter of seconds, such as iPhone notifications not working, iPhone camera not working. Any malfunction that might be troubling the functioning of the iPad or the iPhone can be fixed. The best part is that it is totally compatible with various versions of the iOS.
If you want to know how you could fix the iPhone red screen of death issue without losing any data then simply follow the steps below.
1. The first thing that you will need to do is to download dr.fone on the computer. Just open it whenever you have to address the issue and then proceed to click on repair.
2. Now, connect the iPhone or the iPad to the computer and press Start to proceed to fix the iPhone red screen of death issue.
3. When the next screen pops up, important information like the model of the device and the serial number will show on the interface. In order to confirm, click Next.
4. Put the iPhone on DFU mode. If the device is of an older generation, then you should hold the Home and the Power button for about 10 seconds together. Now, release the Power button while you keep holding down the home button to enter the DFU mode. If the model of the device is fairly new as the iPhone 7 or after that, hold down the volume button instead of the home button.
5. Now, you will need to provide information about the device so that you can download the firmware update. Click on the button to download. Make sure that the device stays connected while it downloads.
6. Press Fix Now when it pops up on the screen to fix the issue. Now just sit back and watch dr.fone to fix the iPhone red screen of death issue. Once it is done, you could disconnect the phone.
This should have fixed the problem of the iPhone red screen of death.
If none of the previous options seem to be working for you, then you might want to try the one where you put the device on restore mode after syncing it with iTunes. This should help to solve the problem of the iPhone red screen of death. However, you should know that this will result in you losing some of the data on the phone making your iPhone seem the way when it was brand new. So, before you choose this option, think about whether you will be okay with losing some of the data that was on the phone. This could be a problem if the phone were not synced with iCloud.
- Update iTunes to the latest version that is available and then connects the device to it.
- Now you should try to force the device to restart your device. The steps required have been given up. You should now wait for the screen to go black then the words ‘Connect to iTunes' will appear on the screen. After that, you can release the buttons.
- Once it is complete, iTunes will let you know that the device is in Recovery mode. After that, you can start the phone.
- Just press the Restore iPhone to confirm it.
If even after trying all the solutions mentioned above, you still have the iPhone red screen of death then there must be something wrong with the hardware. The best way to solve this problem would be to go to an Apple store nearby and explain your problem to the expert.