What to Do When Your iPhone Cannot Verify Server Identity?
What if you need to send an urgent email but only stuck on seeing “cannot verify server identity” message? If you have come across such a situation, you are not alone. Many other iPhone users have got frustrated seeing such notification. Well, if you need to know how to fix this issue, read on!
We all use a lot of emails for various purposes in our day-to-day lives these days. Many of us use our iPhones to send and receive both official and personal emails. In fact, the combination of iPhone and email make a superb communication tool that makes our lives convenient. However, in certain cases, technical faults can take place and prevent you from communicating smoothly. “iPhone Cannot verify server identity” is one of those common issues you may experience at some point. It is needless to mention how annoying this issue could be when you badly need to send an email. The notification “cannot verify server identity” appears in the form of a popup message.
From this point onwards, let’s learn the possible fixes if your iPhone cannot verify server security. For iPhone Stuck On Verifying Update, Verification Failed on iPhone issues, please click to find out the best solutions as well.
1. Perform a restart on your iPhone
After noticing the popup message that displays your iPhone cannot verify server identity, try a device restart. In fact, that can be a basic but very effective solution you can try. A restart can solve many of the glitches associated with your iOS devices. If your iPhone cannot verify server identify because of a minor glitch, you can easily overcome it by restarting.
To perform a restart on your iPhone, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press and hold the power button of the device until you see a slider. This slider appears at the top of the display.
- After seeing the slider, you should drag it using the finger towards the right side of the screen. That should turn off your iPhone easily.
- Now that you have turned off your device, you should wait for about a minute or so. Then, press the power button of the device and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- You will be able to see the Apple logo on the screen once the device starts again. Release the power button.
You can now check if you can open the mail app and send an email.
2. Restart the mail app of your iPhone cannot verify server identity
If you see that there is something wrong with your email, you should try restarting the mail app itself. If the issue is a minor one, restarting the app can solve it in most of the cases. Although this’s not a surefire way to fix your email, it doesn’t hurt to close and open an app. If it was a software crash, in particular, the issue might go away with an app restart.
To close the Mail app, you should double click on the home button first. Now, you will be able to see that the app switcher is opened. You can navigate to the mail app and swipe it away to close it. If it doesn’t appear any longer on your screen, you have closed it successfully.
You can then reopen the Mail app on your iPhone simply by tapping on it. Check if you can send an email now.
3. Remove and add your email address
Another basic method you can try to fix this issue is removing and adding your email address. As per this specific method, you will have to delete the email address from the app and re-enter it. By doing so, you will be able to reset the identity certificate of the email. But you shouldn’t worry at all. Just because you delete an email account from your email app, you don’t lose any of the emails. Your actual email account will remain unharmed.
In order to get an email account deleted from your iPhone, you can go to the Settings app. Then, you should go to the Accounts & Passwords. After that, you should go to the Accounts and find the email account that makes some trouble now. Then, you should tap on the account and tap on the red color button labeled “Delete Account”. This button is located at the bottom of the screen. You can then tap on “Delete Account” when prompted with confirmation alert.
Now the respective account is removed from the Mail app. At the completion of this process, you should reenter the same email account. To do this, go to Settings app once again and tap on Accounts & Passwords. Then, go to Add Account option. You can then select the email service you are using an provide the required information.
4. Reset the settings of the device
If any of the above options doesn’t fix your issue related to email, try this option. By resetting the Settings app, you can see that all the configurations of the device are gone. Since many of the software issues are hard to track down, resetting helps a lot. After performing a reset, you will be able to see that your device performs without any potential glitches.
You can try this method to fix if your iPhone cannot verify server identity of your email.
Here’s how to reset all the settings.
- Open the “Settings” app and go to General option.
- Then, find the option labeled Reset and then go to Reset All Settings.
- If you have provided a passcode or a restrictions passcode, you should enter them when prompted.
- After performing the above step, you can tap on the option called “Reset All Settings”. This option will be displayed in the form of an alert. It is found at the bottom of the screen.
That should be it!
After all those steps mentioned above, you will be able to use your mail app once again. You can try sending a test email to one of your friends or send one to yourself. If you ever come across the issue “iPhone cannot verify server identity”, you can try the options above.
But read on; our best solution is yet to come.
As you may have already witnessed, failing to send an email at a crucial time is really frustrating. When it comes to an issue like “Cannot verify server identity iOS 12“, you badly need to fix it. Otherwise, sending an email or receiving your important emails can be a nightmare for you.
Some of the conventional methods we use to fix iPhone related issues can be temporary. Some of these issues can reemerge at one time or another. If you need to solve iOS-related issues more probably, you should find a professional tool. You must remember that “cannot verify server identity” is yet another issue occurs on your iPhone. Any iPhone can come across a variety of minor glitches as you use it for a long period. In other words, there is no invincible iPhone made yet. Apps including Mail can crash due to the clogged cache memory, junk files, and many other issues. So, having a powerful tool to address such instances is a must.
This is exactly when a tool like iMyFone Umate Pro comes to play. This special software works on both Windows and Mac computer systems. By far, Umate Pro is the best tool to fix an issue like “cannot verify server identity”. No matter whether you use an iPhone, iPod or an iPad, this tool can fix it in minutes. iMyFone Umate Pro comes with special features like Single-Click clean to save your time. In addition to that, Umate Pro comes with a variety of other features to address many errors. Umate Pro can easily delete hidden junk files, temporary files, trash, and other unwanted stuff with ease. With the assistance of this tool, you can enjoy a smoothly working Mail app once again on your iPhone.
Main features associated with iMyFone Umate Pro
- Umate Pro is special software that can resolve issues like “iPhone cannot verify server identity”, iPhone Screen Black, iPhone keeps restarting, iMessage Not Working
- Single click operation to fix Mail-related issues
- Can clear all the junks, cache and temp files in your iOS device with ease
- It clears up your private data and makes your device a securer one
- Can be used to reset all the settings of your iPhone and rectify all the glitches
- It doesn’t cause any data loss on your iOS device
- It doesn’t need you to install any app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod
How to use iMyFone Umate Pro
Now, let’s see how to use iMyFone Umate Pro and resolve “iPhone cannot verify server identity” error.
01. Get your iPad, iPod or iPhone connected to the computer on which you have installed iMyFone Umate Pro.
02. Perform a scan on your device simply by pressing “Quick Scan” button on the interface. This process will analyze the space left.
03. At the completion of the scan, you should click on the button labeled “Clean“. This button will be placed next to all the files you need to get rid of (such as junk).
04. Once the cleaning is done, you can see that the message “cannot verify server identity” is gone.
Well, fixing an issue like “iPhone cannot verify server identity” is that easy (if you have the correct tool). So, we expect you to go through the methods mentioned in this article and find the best match. We hope you’ll find this article to be useful.