How to Deal With “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message”?
Are you an iPhone user? Do you face a problem while sending messages using iMessages? Many a time an error message pops up stating “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” or iMessage doesn't say delivered. Till now the officials of Apple have not commented anything about it. But we have tried and searched many ways to bring these full-proof resolutions to your problem. So try them out, and your issue will surely get resolved.
Eight tips to resolve “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” problem.
You need to follow any of the following tips to resolve the concerned issue easily and effectively.
1. Cancel the thread and start with a new thread
If you are not able to send any message using iMessage on your Apple device due to a pop up saying that you need to enable iMessage to be able to send that particular message, then you should delete that thread and then start afresh. Few people who were dealing with the same problem found that it worked and used this way they were able to send a message on starting with a new thread. So try it out to solve this problem.
2. Disable and Re-enable iMessage
As the error itself directs you to enable iMessages on your device, so this step of troubleshooting will surely get you out of this problem. The following steps need to be followed to do this method.
- Find the ‘Settings‘ tab of your phone and open it on your Apple device. Then scroll to find the ‘Messages‘ option in it.
- Tap it on and drag the slider to turn it off, which is present next to the ‘iMessage‘ option.
- Wait for some seconds or half a minute, and then you need to toggle “iMessage' on by dragging the slider to the right. This will re-enable the iMessage.
3. Log out and Log in your iMessage Account
As reported by many users, if you log in and log out of your iMessage account then it can magically solve out such problem. Follow the steps mentioned below to solve this issue of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message”.
- Go to the settings of your Apple device and find the ‘Message‘ section. Open it up and find the “Send and Receive‘ option.
- After that, you need to choose your Apple id, which you are going to log out or sign out.
- You will see a pop appearing, wherein you have to choose the ‘Sign Out‘ tab by clicking on it.
- After you have signed out, reboot the device and repeat the first step.
- Now, choose the “Add Another Email‘ tab and proceed with logging in to the exact id which you earlier logged off.
4. Reset your network settings
If you are facing an issue of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” popup, then you can try resetting your device's network settings to deal with this error. You need to change or reset the network settings just like you do for a VPN setting or Wi-Fi settings. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to do this course of action.
- Go to your device's ‘Settings‘ and click on ‘General‘ tab.
- Chose the ‘Reset‘ option and click on “Reset Network Settings” tab on i.
- You will then have to feed in a passcode which it requires.
- Authenticate it by selecting the “Reset Network Settings” tab on it.
This way, the network settings of your Apple device will be reset, and you will no more face issues regarding the pop up of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message”.
5. Reset All the Settings
Even after trying the above steps you are still not able to send messages through ‘iMessage', then you should try this method. You need to Reset all of the settings through the below-mentioned steps.
- Move on to your device's settings and click the ‘General‘ icon.
- Now go to the ‘Reset‘ option and click on it, following it by choosing the “Reset All Settings” tab.
6. Solve iOS virus with no loss of data
Unfortunately, if the issue persists, then try out this way to solve it as a software issue might be the reason behind this problem. Such an issue can be fixed easily using any third-party tool. A highly recommended and effective tool for such a resolution is ‘iMyfone D-Back‘. The best part about this tool apart from its effectiveness is that it is compatible with all sorts of iOS devices and their every version. Actually, it is a tool for recovering data but since it has a feature namely “Fix iOS System“, through which you can solve this issue of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message“. Its key features are mentioned below.
- Many issues of iOS can be dealt with easily, by using this tool. For instance, iPhone group messaging not working, iTunes errors, “verification failed on iPhone“, not turning on, iPhone won’t rotate, freezing issues, being stuck on a white screen or black screen or recovery mode, and many other issues
- Three modes are offered in the “Fix iOS System” feature, which resolves many issues without letting your device lose any data
- iMyFone D-Back can help recover more than 20 data types. You can check out its official website to know more about it.
- Makeuseof, Macworld, and various other popular media sites have highly recommended iMyFone D-Back.
How to Solve iOS issues using iMyfone D-Back
If you want to solve the concerned issue using iMyFone D-Back, then here are the steps mentioned in detail which you need to follow.
Step 1: Open this tool after you have installed it. Click on ‘Fix iOS System‘. After you have established a connection between your PC and the device, you need to select the ‘Standard Mode‘ out of the other given modes.
Step 2: Tap on ‘Start‘ and after that by following the guide shown on the screen, set the device to ‘DFU' mode.
Step 3: Chose the ‘Download‘ tab by clicking on it, to download a firmware which will help detect the device. Next, tap on ‘Start to Fix‘ tab to fix your iOS device.
7. Using a Recovery Mode together with iTunes to restore iPhone
Following are the steps to use a recovery mode to restore iPhone device using the iTunes.
- Before you plug your iPhone with any digital cable to the PC, launch iTunes.
- Now you need “Force Restart” the phone which depends as per the model you are using. If you are using iPhone 6 or models below it, then you should press on the ‘Home' and ‘Power' Button together until you are able to see a recovery mode screen. If you are using iPhone 7/7 Plus, then instead of the ‘Home' button, press the ‘Volume Down' button until the recovery mode screen comes. For iPhone 8 /8 Plus/ X users, ‘Volume Up' button needs to be released quickly and ‘Volume Down' button needs to be pressed. Release that swiftly and then hold on to the ‘Power' Button for a few seconds until you can see a Recovery mode on the screen.
- Now iTunes will detect your mobile device and a window will pop-up on your computer screen. You just need to select ‘Restore iPhone‘ to get the procedure done.
By now your issue of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” has been resolved.
8. Fix iPhone issues through FoneLab iOS System Recovery
Another tool which you can use to fix issues regarding iPhone, through system recovery is FoneLab, in a hassle-free manner. It ensures safe recovery without storing or modifying your date.
You can solve a lot of problems through it as iPhone stuck in DFU mode, iPad can't slide to unlock, iPhone keeps restarting, and many more.
You need to download it first install it on your PC. It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
In addition to it, the updated version of the iTunes is to be installed on your PC. Here are the steps for using FoneLab to fix iPhone issues.
Step 1: On running FoneLab on Windows, you will have an option to choose among three utilities. Choose here – “iOS System Recovery“.
Step 2: Using a digital cable, connect your device to the PC. If you are doing this for the first time, then a pop-up will open up wherein you need to tap on ‘Trust‘.
Step 3: Open up the software interface and click on ‘Start‘.
Step 4: Now, a firmware needs to be downloaded on your device and make sure you select the right information for your mobile device.
Step 5: After it is downloaded, click on ‘Repair‘.
FoneLab iOS System Recovery is an extremely safe and easy-to-use tool which will help you in getting rid of issues on your Apple devices like iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad. You need to give it a try and experience its amazing benefits surely. You will be awe-struck at its effectiveness and convenient interface.
iMyfone D-Back as discussed above is another software for handling problem of “iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message“. Not being able to contact your friends and family through messages is a major concern. It is, even more, a big issue because anyone from Apple hasn't suggested anyway resolving such an issue. But iMyFone D-Back has got your back and can help you solve such an issue on your iPhone immediately and easily. So try it out, and you will surely not regret using it.