So you want to know how to reset iPhone easily? Whatever may be your reason like; you want to delete all your old data and add the new one, your iPhone seems to be riddled with virus, and you want a clean slate or your iPhone may be lagging a lot and seems to demand a factory reset. These reasons and several more drive you to seek out the information on how to reset iPhone. And in the current article, we will go through not one, not two, but three different ways through which you can restore your iPhone to the factory settings, some without even using your pass code.
But before we begin we need to understand what are the different kinds of resets that are available to you and which one you should use on your current requirement. And then we will also look at the reasons that really require you to learn how to reset iPhone and also how to factory reset iPhone. Ready? Let us begin.
Types of iPhone Resets
Let us first look at the types of resets that are available. Mind that there are two different types of resets that can be done on the iPhone and they are:
- Soft reset: Soft reset is the most basic reset that can be done on iPhone. This soft reset requires not much waiting time, as the entire process is done in just five minutes. And soft resets are at least to no risks of ending up in data corruption and damaging the operating system. In fact, soft resets do not even delete any of your data and only resets your phone to your last safe point. And the best part about the soft resets is that all your previous settings are maintained every after the reset while they will change in the factory reset. In fact, even your old passwords that you have saved in all your applications and even for the interface will remain the same in the case of soft reset. And finally, soft resets are the easiest to work with and complete.
- Factory rest: Factory reset is the advanced version of the soft reset that can be done on the iPhone. This type of reset should only be done in the most severe situations or when you want to wipe your phone entirely clean. Because that is exactly what it does and erases all of your data and restores it back to the basic factory settings, that's why this time of resets have a bigger risk of data corruption than in soft reset. All of your data is lost, including your contacts, messages, photographs, music, videos, emails, and chats. And all of your programmed personalized settings are also erased, alongside all of your passwords. Also, all of those settings and passwords need manual re-input afterward. And the interface in the factory reset is not as easy as it is with soft resets and does require the maximum precautions and carefully chosen commands.
Solution 1: How to factory reset iPhone via iTunes
Solution 2: How to reset iPhone using settings
Solution 3: How to factory reset iPhone using Dr.fone in One Click Without Passcode
Reasons why to learn how to reset iPhone
1.The first and foremost reason for learning and performing a factory reset on your phone is the purpose of refurbishing the iPhone and selling it to a new user. You cannot give your iPhone if it is still filled with your data, passwords, and settings. And even the buyer would want the iPhone to look as new as it can. So, it is wise to perform a factory reset on the iPhone before selling or giving it away to another person.
2.While facing the white screen of death and other big problems on your iPhone, performing the factory reset helps cure it. It will essentially trouble shoot all of your problems and restore your iPhone to how it was before being problematic.
3.The third reason to perform the factory reset on your iPhone is that it is of paramount importance that you reset your iPhone before iCloud backup data restoration can be done.
4.In case you have forgotten your password, you can simply factory reset your phone by learning how to rest iPhone without a password.
Now that you have understood all about the reset on iPhone and the reasons why you should perform it, it is finally time to understand how to reset iPhone and how to factory reset iPhone. And we will teach you just that through three different ways and here are they:
Solution one: How to factory reset iPhone via iTunes
Let us learn how to factory reset iPhone with the help of iTunes. This step will only work if you have already synced your iPhone with iTunes before. And if you have done that then, you would not even need to input your password to perform the factory reset on your iPhone. Simply perform these steps to learn how to factory reset iPhone.
Step 1: The first thing you need to do to perform the factory reset on your iPhone is to back-up all your files on either your computer or on the cloud. Because after the factory reset, all of your phone's data will be completely lost.
Step 2: The second step that you need to do is to connect your iPhone to your computer with the help of a USB cable and then launch iTunes on your computer.
Step 3: Once the iTunes is open, you need to open the ‘summary‘ page of your phone. And once you are there, you will need to click on ‘Restore iPhone‘ button on the right.
Step 4: Afterwards a new pop-up box will open up asking you if you surely do want to restore your iPhone to its factory settings. And you will need to click on ‘Restore‘ to begin the process of restoration to factory settings.
Step 5: Up next, a new window will open up with the title of ‘iPhone software update, ‘ and you will need to press on the ‘Next‘ option to continue.
Step 6: Finally click on the ‘Agree‘ button on the next window which will contain terms and conditions about the software. And so, your iPhone will be restored to its factory settings without you even having to put your past code.
This process will take several minutes, but by the end of it, your iPhone will end up to its original condition as it was when you had just bought it. And so, afterward, all you need to do is restore your files from your computer or from your iCloud to get all of your files back into your phone.
This method is one of the simplest methods to learn on how to reset iPhone. But it still requires a previous syncing with iTunes to be performed. But what if your phone is not synced? Well then let us find out what you can do to learn still how to reset iPhone in our second solution.
Solution two: How to reset iPhone using settings
The second method through which you can learn how to reset your iPhone is by using the settings on your iPhone. But just like the last method, this method will only work if you have already backed up your phone on the iCloud before performing this reset. And you will also need to have ‘Find my iPhone' enabled on your phone because that will help Apple to identify your phone and identify you as the correct user of the iPhone.
Step 1: Open settings on your phone, followed by the ‘General‘ option, and finally click on ‘Reset‘ option. And then click on ‘Erase all content and settings‘. This will begin the processes of resetting your iPhone.
Step 2: After the reset is completed, you will need to go through the classic screen and follow all the basic steps that you did while setting up your phone when it was brand new.
Step 3: Then afterward open your application section and then open the ‘Apps Data‘ screen. Finally, tap on the ‘Restore from iCloud Backup‘ option to begin your reset. And then click on ‘Choose Backup‘ and follow the impending steps as you are shown on the screen.
Step 4: You backup will be restored to your previous settings, and your reset will be complete.
This is the simplest of all methods on how to reset iPhone as it uses settings to back up your phone. But sadly, it will only work if you already have ‘Find my iPhone‘ enabled on your iCloud and iPhone.
But what if you have not enabled ‘Find my iPhone' on your iPhone and have not even backed up your iPhone on your iCloud? What if you still need to understand how to factory reset iPhone? To understand that, we still have one last method that you can opt to know how to reset iPhone, and here it is:
Solution Three: How to factory reset iPhone using Dr.fone in One Click Without Passcode
If you have not backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes and have not enabled ‘Find my phone', then Apple will not be able to identify your iPhone and not identify you as its owner. But you still need to learn how to factory reset iPhone. Then fear not, there is still one way that you can do that by simply using the wonderful software by Wondershare, which is called Dr.fone – iOS System Recovery.
Using this software, not only you will be able to factory reset your iPhone, but also be able to fix all the underlying problems in your iPhone. And finally, it will also enable you to back up your iPhone so that you never have to lose any data on your iPhone.
Features of Dr.fone – iOS Repair (iOS System Recovery)
- You can perform your iPhone reset without the use of any password in just ten minutes.
- The Dr.fone toolkit works on all models of iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch.
- The software contains methods to fix many of the iPhone's problems like being stuck on the Apple logo, recovery mode, black screen, loop on start, and hanging. All of these problems can be resolved with the help of Dr. fone really easily.
- By using Dr. fone toolkit you will also be able to fix many iPhone and iTunes errors like error 53, error 4013, error 14, and iTunes error 27, etc.
- You can easily get your iPhone out of recovery mode without losing any data at all!
- Dr. fone toolkit for iOS system recovery is completely compatible with iOS 11
Step 1: The first thing you need to do is download the Dr.fone toolkit for iOS system recovery for free from the internet and then install the software on your computer.
Step 2: You need to charge your iPhone, even if it is locked and you cannot access it. And then connect your iPhone to your personal computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Launch the Dr.fone toolkit for iOS software on your computer. Once the program opens, you need to click on the ‘Repair‘ option.
Step 4: Click on Start and select your iPhone's model and other information and click on ‘Download‘.
Step 5: Dr.fone toolkit software then will restore your iPhone to its factory settings on its own.
So, with this, your iPhone will be restored to its factory settings on its own. And you will have your iPhone free of the problems that you were facing. Also, Dr.fone toolkit – iOS Data Eraser is another program from Wondershare, which can erase all your data on iPhone permanently to protect your privacy without any data recovery. Just feel free to have a try if needed.
We hope all three of these methods have taught you how to reset iPhone and also how to factory reset your iPhone. Thank you!