Apple introduces upgrades of their iOS versions in a timely manner. These upgrades, of course, come with a range of new options. However, every iOS update is associated with a range of restrictions too. Some of these updates bring changes to the iDevice, and some users aren't aware of them. The restrictions applied by newer iOS updates can bring some dissatisfaction to its users. So, many iPhone/iPad users want to go back and downgrade their iOS versions to a familiar, older version.
According to Apple, downgrading iOS is possible through iTunes only. In other words, they say that you cannot Downgrade iOS without iTunes. But, in reality, iTunes is not the most admired tool offered by Apple. That means that many iOS users don't like to use iTunes due to various reasons. The good news is that it is totally possible to Downgrade iOS without iTunes despite Apple's claims. This article emphasizes the best way to Downgrade iOS without iTunes.
iDevice users may want to Downgrade iOS without iTunes into an older version due to several reasons. In this section of the article, we are going to emphasize those reasons.
01. In general, Apple adds certain restrictions with each upgrade. So, it can be frustrating for an iPhone user to experience restricted feeling after an upgrade. If you want to experience the previous version's benefits, you should go for a downgrade.
02. Newer iOS versions don't allow older apps (which works for older iOS versions) to run. So, if you have very useful apps running in an older iOS version, it would be frustrating.
03. Some users have got used to the features and functionality of their current iOS device. In other words, they aren't just ready to abandon their favorite iOS.
04. Some iOS upgrades tend to have bugs, and some of these versions lag. You can notice these errors particularly as a result of the initial release of the upgrade.
05. When compared to older iOS versions, new iOS versions are not that stable. That means, older iOS versions are known to have a smooth functionality as opposed to newer versions.
When you need to Downgrade iOS without iTunes, you will need a little bit of preparation. As a part of this preparation, you will need to get some things ready. Basically, in order to perform a downgrade, you need to jailbreak your device. The firmware of the iOS device will be cracked, and SHSH blobs also will be saved. Because of this, the users can find that the firmware exists when the OS is downgraded. Well, all these terms might surely sound pretty complicated particularly to a novice iOS user. So, it is strongly suggested that you read plenty of stuff before downgrading.
One of the most important things you should consider before ‘Downgrade iOS without iTunes' is to create a backup. Without a backup, you will lose all the important data in your iPhone. In fact, creating a backup must be done regularly even if you are not going to downgrade the iOS. That is because these backups can help you recover data in the event of any issue. To accomplish this task, Apple has provided you an option. That is the iPhone. Although iTunes is a pretty handy tool, it doesn't create backups of multimedia files. In this case, you will have to go for a third-party tool. Well, there are plenty of tools to create backups of iPhones. However, it is better to go for reliable and efficient software like dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS). This respective software is capable of creating comprehensive backups of your iPhone. Moreover, this software lets you back up iPhones with simple and powerful steps. In a nutshell, dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) is an all-inclusive backup creator for iPhones.
Features of dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS)
- Selectively backup your iPhone data in less than 3 minutes
- It can create backups with a single click and export only the data you wish
- It doesn't create any data loss during the restoration of data
- dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) support all the devices including iPhone XS, XR, X, 8, 8 Plus etc.
- This tool supports the latest iOS versions as well
- This tool works perfectly with Windows and Mac OS systems
- Very friendly user-interface even for novice users
How to create a backup before downgrading the iOS
Now, let's take a look at on how to create a backup before downgrading the iOS of your device.
01. First, you should get the software downloaded and installed on your computer. Then, you should start dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS). Go to the option called “Backup & Restore”. It is located in the tools list. Once the option is selected, you can connect the iPhone to the computer through the USB cable. Be sure to use the original USB cable in order to prevent potential interruptions.
02. Now, select the option called Device Data Backup & Restore in order to create a backup.
03. Now, you should choose the contents that need to back up. You also should select a target folder on which your data will be saved at the completion of the backup. Now, you should click on the backup button to start the process. The data on your iOS device will be sent to your computer as a backup.
04. At the completion of the backup, you will be able to see all those files in the given folder. As a result of creating a comprehensive backup, you will not experience any data loss.
05. After creating a backup, you can Downgrade iOS without iTunes. The most important point at this stage is to jailbreak your iPhone. However, you must know the consequences of jailbreaking. For instance, the warranty of the device will be unavailable after performing a jailbreak. Once your iPhone is jailbroken, any third-party software can be installed in it. That is exactly why Apple doesn't encourage jailbreaking of phones. But, to get the expired warranty, you will have to restore the phone using a regular iPhone backup. With that being said, here's how to jailbreak a phone before a downgrade.
Steps to Downgrading iOS without iTunes
01. First, you should download TinyUmbrella for free. You can find a download link for that software too here.
02. At the completion of the installation, you will have to open the software to continue.
03. Now, you should connect the iPhone device to the computer using the USB cable. Once the device is connected, you should wait only for a moment. The software itself will detect the device automatically.
04. Locate the button called SHSH and click on it. It will let you save an encrypted version (126-bit).
05. Just below the option called Save SHSH Blob, you can see a button linked to TSS server. You should press this button to proceed to the next level.
06. At the completion of the server's job, you will be notified with an error 1015. Just proceed by selecting the Exit Recovery option. It is located under recover devices option.
07. Now, you should click on the advance option. Then, make sure to uncheck the box highlighted. Well, that completes the process.
What Makes Tiny umbrella a very useful tool?
Here are some obvious advantages associated with Tinyumbrella.
- It comes in a very small size and therefore, it takes seconds to get it downloaded.
- Have a really friendly user-interface. You can handle it even if you are a novice user because of this user-friendliness.
- It works perfectly on any computer.
- The easy-to-use GUI and simple home screen make it easy for any user to get the work done.
- Apart from that, this respective software allows you to find faulty apps installed in iOS devices.
Well, that is exactly how you can Downgrade iOS without iTunes. The combination of Tinyumbrella and ddr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) makes the overall process easier. Before performing a downgrade, however, you MUST create a backup of your iPhone. That is to avoid any potential data losses.
Usually, the downgrade should take place within a couple of minutes. Even if you are using the most reliable software tools, failures may happen due to one reason or other. What should you do if your iPhone downgrading is failed? Many users have complained that the experienced various errors when downgrading from iOS 12 (Beta). If you experience any issues after an attempt to downgrade your iPhone, you don't need to panic. There is a very easy solution to fix such issues thanks to modern technology.
In this case, we will be using another sophisticated software developed by dr.fone. Namely, it is dr.fone – Repair (iOS). As the last part of our article, we emphasize the features of this software. You can use this software to fix any issues related to iOS versions.
If your iOS 12 is stuck during a downgrade process, you should straightaway download dr.fone – Repair (iOS). In fact, it comes as a useful kit of tools that can address various issues related to iOS. By far, this respective tool is considered to be the best iOS recovery tool available today. As of today, a large number of iOS users have used this software and succeeded.
Here is a list of features associated with dr.fone – Repair (iOS)
- It is capable of fixing a wide array of iOS system issues. iPhone visual voicemail not working, Stuck in recovery mode, iPhone stuck in headphone mode, iPhone 6 bootloop, White Apple logo, iPhone Error 4013, looping on start, iPhone won’t restore’, stuck on DFU mode are only some of them.
- dr.fone – Repair (iOS) can also fix iTunes errors like 4013, 14, 27, 9 and many others
- It is capable of fixing your iOS devices without losing any data
- It is designed to be compatible with all the iPhones and iPads including the latest models
- Work with iPhone XS, XR, X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus and any other model
- It supports latest iOS versions too
Now that you know how to Downgrade iOS without iTunes, you can give it a try. Be sure that you create a backup prior to downgrading your iOS to prevent potential data losses. Even if you failed with a downgrade attempt, you could fix it using dr.fone – Repair (iOS). In fact, the tools we have mentioned in this article are “must-have” stuff if you are an iPhone user. Good luck with downgrading iOS without iTunes.