iPhone is one of the best mobile devices that is available on the market. There are a lot of people who use the iPhone and want to continue using it. Sometimes, people want to reset their devices because they might feel that it is too cluttered or because it may be lagging. In this article, we will talk in depth about resetting and everything related to it. We will also be discussing Does resetting iPhone delete everything?
Resetting an iPhone seems like such a big thing to do that would involve a lot of technicalities and would need an expert as well. Get to know more about how to reset iPhone without passcode and computer. But, in reality, it is a very simple task that you could easily do without anyone's help. Read below to know the answer of Does resetting iPhone delete everything?
Does resetting iPhone delete everything?
To answer this question simply, yes it does. If you have decided to reset the iPhone, then be ready to say goodbye to all the data that was on your phone like call history, pictures, videos, notes, messages, apps, and any other data that you can think of. This is why everyone stresses that you should back up your data once in a while so you wouldn't lose precious memory so easily.
You could always back it up with the help of iTunes or even iCloud. The answer to Does resetting iPhone delete everything changes if your iPhone is jailbreaked or if you have already backed up all the important data. Let us see how resetting the device could affect different aspects.
1. Does resetting the iPhone delete everything like the personal data?
If you are wondering what would happen to all of the personal data that is on the iPhone once you reset it, then it depends greatly on the type of reset you want to do on the phone. If you do a full reset, then all the data would get deleted off of your phone. When you reset the settings only, it goes back to the settings it was on.
However, there are many different types of reset that you could do like only the Settings reset, which would change just the settings back to how it used to be when you got the phone. These types of settings would not interfere with your personal data nor would it delete anything off of your phone.
2. Does resetting iPhone delete everything like Factory Software
When you reset the device, it does not really remove the latest version of the iOS software that was updated on the phone. After you reset the phone, you get the latest version of iOS that is available. There are some stock apps in the device that cannot be removed even when you change the setting or reset the phone. Resetting the device only helps to clear out the memory of the factory installed apps like the Mail, Calendar, Phone, etc.
3. Does resetting iPhone delete everything like Jailbreak
To answer simply, yes it does. What this means is that if you want to use jailbreak on the phone again, then you would have to jailbreak the device again.
4. Does resetting iPhone delete everything like the backup?
The simple answer is no. Usually, the backups are stored online, which means that you would be able to download all the data from the iTunes account. This means that you would be able to use the iPhone again as you used to. It is always advisable that you back up the data from time so you wouldn't lose any important data.
How to reset the iPhone from settings?
If you are wondering does resetting iPhone delete everything then we have answered the question above. Now, we will teach you how to reset the iPhone from Settings. All you have to do is to follow the steps below.
1. The first thing that you will have to do is go to Settings and click on General.
2. Go to reset and then you can click on the “Erase All Content and Settings” for the reset to start.
3. You may be asked to type in the passcode.
Note – If you choose to reset the device then know that it will simply make the personal data go invisible. It is still possible that you could retrieve it with the help of a few recovery tools. If you are someone who gets concerned about the private issue, then you should not reset the device as it is not safe. We will discuss below an option, which would be much better for you.
How to permanently reset the iPhone so you could avoid privacy leak
In some cases, the answer to does resetting iPhone delete everything can be no. It is not a safe option for everyone as we discussed above. If you want to reset the device with no chances of recovery, then one of the best apps to use would be iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser. This app is most helpful for Macs.
Features of iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser
- You can erase everything off of the device and make it just like a new one.
- This iPad memory cleaner is able to scan all the data that was private and also erase them.
- You can even search for the files that were previously deleted and then permanently erase them for good.
- Find out how you could delete contacts on iPad, erase iPhone X without iCloud password, delete fragments for apps such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Youtube, Snapchat, etc.,
- You can clean up junk from folders like cache etc.
- It is totally compatible with iOS 11.
- It also has mostly positive reviews to make your iOS phone device almost like new.
The iMyFone app comes with great overwriting technology that is advanced so it can assure you that all of the files would be deleted. It makes up for all the mistakes that happen when you use the mobile to reset. Even if people try to use the latest bit of technology, they would not be able to retrieve any of the data that has been deleted by this app. This method would be important if you want to sell the device after you erase all of the data from the iPhone. If you are wondering does resetting iPhone delete everything because you are worried that someone might try to retrieve the information and misuse it then this is the app that you should choose.
All you need is to follow the steps mentioned below, and you will be able to answer the question does resetting iPhone delete everything?
1. The first thing that you will have to do is download and install the iMyFone app.
2. Connect the device with the USB cable.
3. Click on Erase All Data tab and then click on the Erase button.
4. You will not have to type “delete” in the box and then press the Erase Now button.