What Should You Do if “Apps Not Showing in iTunes”?
In general, iOS and Apple devices are pretty stable choices compared to other smartphone solutions. However, that doesn't mean that they are completely trouble-free. Time to time, even the iOS devices can experience some performance issues. “Apps not showing in iTunes” or “WhatsApp restore from iCloud stuck” is such issue that can frustrate any iPhone user. There can be several potential causes of this issue. In most of the cases, the issue “apps not showing in iTunes” occur due to a couple of reasons. Having an outdated iTunes version, outdated firmware and jailbroken devices are such reasons. However, devices that aren't even jailbroken tend to show this “apps not showing in iTunes”.
If you have experienced this issue lately and finding a solution, this article can be of great assistance. In this article, let's try to find out possible causes and DIY solutions to “apps not showing in iTunes”.
What makes apps not showing in iTunes?
According to some iPhone users, sometimes, the apps may not show up due to outdated iTunes version. However, even if you update the iTunes, the apps do not show up. For instance, if you use iTunes 12.7, you may not be able to see the apps anymore on iTunes. As of this iTunes version, the apps are moved back to the iOS interface itself. Because of this significant change, you cannot see apps in iTunes, and that is completely normal.
As per the latest changes, you don't find an Apps tab in the library of the iTunes. Apart from that, you will not be able to find an Apps tab and Store tab under the device.
What can you do to fix this issue?
Now you know that if you run iTunes 12.7, the “apps not showing issue” is perfectly normal. Technically, it is not an issue but a feature added to the iOS devices. However, if you are not using iTunes 12.7 and still cannot see the apps, something is wrong somewhere. In this case, you have to look for solutions. One of the easiest tricks you should try is to sign out and sign in to your Apple account. Here's how to do it. Remember, this is for those who aren't using iTunes 12.7.
01.Sign out and sign in to the Apps store
- Go to the App Store on your device and tap it.
- Then, go to the featured option which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you have to scroll down to find the Apple ID. Tap on this Apple ID so it will open up additional options.
- Now, you can find Sign out option; just tap on it and sign out.
- As the final step, you should sign back to the account and see if the apps are visible now.
02.Transferring apps to iTunes Apps on your computer
Here's another way to get this issue fixed. This method guides you to transfer the apps available on your device to the computer. When they are synchronized, they will be available in your iTunes account as well as in the device.
- Connect your iPhone to the same computer using the original USB cable
- Go to the iTunes app (on your computer).
- In the iTunes, you will find an option called “View”. Click on it and go to “Show Sidebar” option.
- The sidebar will appear. Now, you should find your device in it. Right-click on the device and select “Transfer Purchases”.
- At the completion of this process, you will get all the purchases and downloaded stuff to the iTunes account. When you open the iTunes account again, you should see the Apps.
03.Restore your iPhone
If any of the above methods didn't solve your issue, you would have to try restoring your iPhone. The purpose of restoring your iPhone is to get its original settings. Although this strategy might work, it can also cause data loss. If you haven't created a backup before you restore the device, you can hardly recover your data.
However, you can avoid potential data losses and various issues if you use a tool like iMyFone D-Port Pro. If you restore your iPhone using this respective tool, you are likely to experience better convenience and efficiency.
Depending on your requirement, you can even recover a portion of your data instead of everything. It also can let you restore the data without overwriting anything. In addition to that, you can use it to export your device's data to the computer. This particular software is capable of working with greater reliability. Already, iMyFone D-Port Pro has received excellent feedbacks from users across the globe. They even offer a free version of their software. By using this free version, you can get a general idea about its functionality and usefulness.
Features of iMyFone D-Port Pro – Backup & Restore
Now, let's take a look at the most notable features of this powerful software tool.
- Be capable of providing ultimate backup solutions to iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch & fix the issue on “how to change iTunes backup location” easily.
- Separately backup messages on iPhone X and iPhone 8, also backup and restore the Messages, WhatsApp contents, and WeChat contents
- Backup iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod touch and iPads without overwriting the previous backups
- It is capable of restoring iTunes, iCloud or even iMyFone backup itself depending on your requirement
- This software is compatible with more than 20 data types from iOS devices or backups
Their official website claims that they this software is already downloaded by more than 20,000,000 users across the globe. The user-friendliness of this respective software is impressive. Any user will find this software to be highly convenient from the point of installation. This software comes from a reputed developer who offers many other useful tools to manage and optimize iPhones. Their customer care service is pretty impressive too. At the bottom-line, iMyFone D-Port Pro is a comprehensive tool that can backup and restore your iOS devices easily.