Now and then, Apple offers something new to its users and keeps them happy. One of the recent introductions is its new Apply music platform. Thanks to the sophisticated features associated with Apple Music, Apple users now can build and manage a rich music library. They can customize and listen to their favorite music on the go. Although this platform is a sophisticated one, many iOS 11.3 users experience a couple of problems with it.
‘Apple Music not working‘ or ‘Apple music App crashing‘ – such common issue that gives some hard time for its users. This article provides the necessary guidance to overcome this “Apple Music not working” issue apart from explaining the causes.
Segment 1. The problem with Apple Music
First of all, let's take a look at the problems associated with Apple Music. An error like 4001 prevents the user from accessing any other information. Apart from that, the following errors may take place.
- Inability to transfer the playlist
- Can not un-follow the artists
- Difficulties when editing account
- Problematic operation of cellular data and many other issues.
Particularly, the issues related to Apple Music tend to occur after updating the existing iOS into the latest version. Apart from the problems mentioned above, many users claim that they have experienced some synchronization issues as well. That is, however, in addition to errors of the shuffle function and “This Media Is Not Supported” message. We also noticed that some users experience other issues like inability to purchase and complete unresponsiveness of the platform.
Segment 2. Regular methods you can try to overcome Apple Music not working issue
If you experience Apple Music not working issue, there are several regular solutions to try. Here are some of the commonly tried methods you may consider.
01. Restarting the Apple Music app
One of the easiest and regularly tried methods to overcome “Apple Music not working” issue is restarting the app. You can force restart the App. However, the way you force restart the app may depend on the model of the iPhone. Here's how to force restart Apple Music app depending on the iPhone model.
For those who use iPhone 6S, pressing the power button and home button simultaneously will work. When you press those buttons together and hold them for a while, Apple logo will appear on the screen.
When it comes to models such as iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the strategy is bit different. You should press volume down button and side button until you notice the Apple logo on the screen.
The models like iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone XR and iPhone XS, can be force restarted using another method. First, press and quickly release the Volume up button. Then, do the same with volume down button too. In the end, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
After the restarting is done by force, you can launch the Apple Music app and check if the problem persists.
02. Resetting the Network settings of your iOS device
It is obvious that you will experience difficulty in purchasing content when there is a network error. If the Apple music app is unable to create a secure network, it will prevent from functioning properly. You should first check if the date and time zone of the device is correct according to the location. If you notice any discrepancy, you should rectify the settings. You can do so simply by navigating to the Control Panel and selecting “Date, Time, Language and Regional Options”. After rectifying the potential network errors, you can try again to connect to the Apple Music.
03. You should try a Reset
If none of the above methods work for you, you will have to try resetting the device. Before you reset the device, however, you should make a backup of your iOS device. At the completion of the backup, you will have to go to the Settings and Tap General. Under General, you will find the Reset option. After tapping the Reset option, you should select Erase All Content and Settings option. Then, the device will start to reset. Eventually, your iOS device will function just like a new one. Now, you will be able to open the music app.
04. Try upgrading iTunes
Sometimes, some issues may occur if your iPhone or iPad has an older version of iTunes. To overcome this, you should try updating the iTunes into the latest version. You can do the update using a Windows PC or a Mac. In a Windows PC, you should go to iTunes and select “Check for Updates” under Help option. When it comes to a Mac, however, you should go to the iTunes and go to Check for Updates. No matter if you use a Mac or Windows, you can complete the installation following onscreen instructions.
Segment 3. How to fix “Apple Music not working” using a professional software tool
Well, what if none of those as mentioned above methods work? You don't need to feel helpless at all, as you can expect the assistance of iMyFone Fixppo. In fact, iMyFone Fixppo (iOS System Recovery) is a comprehensive software tool that can address various iOS-related issues.
Key features associated with iMyFone Fixppo
Let's take a look at the main features associated with iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
- iMyFone Fixppo (iOS System Recovery) can fix various issues such as booting problems related to iOS devices, verification failed on iPhone, YouTube not working on iPad / iPhone， iMessage doesn't say delivered, visual voicemail is currently unavailable error, iPhone won't make calls or receive calls and the like.
- You can use this software to fix iOS devices that are stuck in recovery mode easily
- It is capable of fixing serious issues of iPhones and iPads by wiping out and reinstalling iOS
- This specific software tool is compatible with iOS devices including iPhone X, 8
Now, here's how to fix Apple Music not working issue with iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery
We emphasize this process in step-by-step mode considering your convenience.
1. Download the program and install it on your computer. The installation process is really simple thanks to its user-friendly interface. You should select the Standard Mode out of the three options offered by the software itself. Then, you will have to connect the iPhone to your PC using the original USB cable.
2. After connecting the device, you should select “Start” button. iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery will start a countdown. Now, you will have to press and hold the Sleep button and Home button together for about 10 seconds. Then, you should be able to get your iOS device into DFU mode.
3. At the completion of the above process, iMyFone Fixppo will detect your device automatically. Then, it will be ready to download the required firmware package. In order to get it downloaded and installed, you should select “Download” button.
4. At the completion of the downloading, you will need to select “Start” option. This option will start to fix the iPhone as an automated process.
Segment 4. How to solve them other specific issues associated with Apple Music
Here are some of the other specific issues you will experience with Apple Music.
01.You cannot rate music
As per the newly introduced change, in order to rate the music, you will have to select the album artwork. As per the Apple developers, they have introduced this change in order to make it more interactive.
02.An error message saying “Media Format not Supported”
The constant appearance of this message can be annoying. To fix this issue, you will have to go to the Settings. Then, you will have to turn on the Airplane mode. Just let the phone stay with Airplane mode for a couple of seconds. Switch off your Apple device and switch it on. However, if such issue occurs when you connect the device to the Wi-Fi network, you should consider another method. Just turn off your router first and then close Apple Music app. Go to the Settings and find Reset option under General menu. Under Reset, you will find an option called Reset Network Settings; just select it. Now, you should restart both the router and iOS device. Your Apple Music app should be working now.
03.You don't see Apple Music after signing out from it
You must know that Apple Music is a service the users should subscribe. Therefore, you will not lose Apple Music's data just because you sign out from the Apple ID. Instead, signing out will turn off the iCloud library. Once signed out, you will not be able to see the contents. However, you can simply enable the service by selecting the Settings app and clicking on the music feature. Then, you should go to the library and reactivate the iCloud Music Library. After that, you will be able to find the songs that were originally purchased by you. Also, be sure that you have entered the Apple ID you used to purchase Apple music.
Now you know many different ways to rectify “Apple Music not working” issue. So, if you experience any of the errors as mentioned earlier, you can try the solutions we have offered.